Prince George, BC – December 8, 2014 – All the equipment needed to get the jobs done will be on display for the return of Canada North Resources Expo (CNRE), May 29th and 30th, 2015. From forestry, to heavy construction, and project infrastructure, this show will take over the CN Centre with four acres of indoor and outdoor exhibits.
CNRE launched to huge accolades in 2013, and the resounding success of that show is carrying over to the 2015 edition. With booth space already 70% sold out, exhibitors are eager to get their products in front of a qualified audience – like the more than 8,300 visitors who came to the show two years ago.
Master Promotions Ltd. acquired this show in 2012, and since then has worked closely with its West coast partners to ensure it remains a must-attend event for industry representatives, including:
- Forestry – harvesting, woodlots, community forests, silviculture, pulp and chips
- Heavy Equipment – excavation, grading, crushing and screening, road building, land clearing
- Mining – exploration, construction
- Independent Power Producers – run of the river, wind farms, solar
- Biomass Industry – wood pellets, power co-generation, bio-fuels
- Resource Industry Professionals – engineers, foresters, planners, GIS technology, project managers, consultants, technicians
- Transportation Industry – air, rail, land, sea
- Suppliers and Service Providers – equipment, manufacturing, machining, camps, caterers
- Training and Employment Services – career planners, assessors, training schools, post-secondary institutions, HR managers
- The Canada North Resources Expo is supported by the Resources Expo Society, the organization that formerly ran the show on a volunteer basis. Representatives from the Society’s board sit on the show’s steering committee, and are joined by local organizations including the BC Forest Safety Council, Scotiabank, Leavitt Machinery, Initiatives Prince George, Inland Kenworth – Parker Pacific, Wajax Industries, and the Logging & Sawmill Journal. Representatives from these organizations come together to provide input to Master Promotions Ltd. to help ensure that the Expo is relevant to the various resource sectors.
The show also partners with local schools and community groups; in 2013, Prince George Big Brothers & Big Sisters held a pancake breakfast at the show, with all proceeds going directly back to help fund their initiatives. Members from a local high school football team – the Eagles Juvenile Football Team – assisted onsite with clean-up and logistics and were presented with a donation for their efforts. Similar partnerships are planned for the 2015 edition.
Master Promotions Ltd. is committed to supporting the resource community by channeling some of the show profits back into the Resources Expo Society. This funding is used locally for resource education and promotion. The economic impact to the Prince George area is significant, with hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of visitors, as well as committee members and support staff booking hotel rooms, renting cars, eating in restaurants, and frequenting other local businesses.
CNRE is just one of several West coast shows that Master Promotions Ltd. produces. With the support of its Abbotsford, BC-based employees, the company produces the BC Boat & Sportsmen’s Show annually, as well as TRUXPO and the Pacific Heavy Equipment Show, which are held biennially.
For more information on Canada North Resources Expo: find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and visit us online at www.CNRE.ca.