- Growing metropolises around the world are being forced to manage enormous infrastructure problems
- New exhibition concept for six trade shows relies on interdisciplinary networking through live communication and a virtual exchange
Messe München International’s new “intelligent urbanization” platform is tackling the megatrend of urbanization and launching an innovative concept for its customers. Instead of establishing a conventional trade fair, this unique concept bundles the expertise of its international trade fairs BAU, EXPO REAL, transport logistic, Communication World, bauma and IFAT ENTSORGA, allowing Messe München to inform participants about the topic of urbanization in its entire breadth and depth and find solutions that are attractive around the world.
Within the scope of congresses, forums and special shows at the various trade shows, prominent speakers from the industrial, research and political sectors will discuss the latest developments and solution approaches. Each show will give manufacturers a chance to present products and services that can help to meet the challenges of the future.
The main themes are as follows:
- Urban planning and urban development as part of EXPO REAL, the International Trade Fair for Commercial Property and Investment (October 8 – 10, 2012)
- Mobility and communication in future densely populated areas as part of the program of stage events at Communication World, the Trade Fair and Congress for Intelligent and Flexible Mobile IT (October 9 – 10, 2012, MOC Veranstaltungscenter München)
- Sustainability in Construction, Energy 2.0, Cities & Infrastructure as part of BAU 2013, the International Trade Fair for Architecture, Materials and Systems (January 14 – 19, 2013)
- Sustainable infrastructures in heavily populated urban and residential areas such as in Latin America and Southeast Asia as part of the forums at bauma 2013, the International Trade Fair for Construction Machinery (April 15 – 21, 2013)
- Logistics and mobility concepts as part of transport logistic, the International Trade Fair for Logistics, Mobility, IT and Supply Chain Management (June 4 – 7, 2013)
- Water, sewage, waste and raw-material management as part of IFAT ENTSORGA, the world’s largest trade fair for environmental technologies (May 5 – 9, 2014).
- The central pillar of the intelligent urbanization concept is the online platform at www.intelligent-urbanization.com. The website bundles the know-how that is presented at the trade shows and makes it available at all times, among other things in the form of video downloads of the experts’ presentations. The compendium of relevant information and solutions grows with each event. Soon it will also include reports from important growth regions such as China and India..
Klaus Dittrich, Chairman/CEO of Messe München: “Our successful portfolio of global trade fairs already addresses many important aspects that pertain to urban infrastructure solutions. intelligent urbanization will serve as a bridge, giving companies as well as the scientific and political sectors a comprehensive, in-depth look at how urbanization can be made more sustainable. Tomorrow’s world needs innovative alternatives – including in the way that information, products, services and, of course, the personal exchange of ideas and information is organized and presented. We invite you to join us as we get underway at the new intelligent urbanization platform.“
In the decades to come, the megatrend of urbanization will affect the majority of mankind. According to the United Nations, two-thirds of the world’s population will live in cities by the year 2030. This historic and unprecedented consolidation in the flow of people, resources, goods and capital will be accompanied by major challenges for future urban infrastructures.
Source: Messe München News Room