Unreserved auction hosted by Ritchie Bros. draws 750+ bidders from the UK and abroad
Rockingham, UK (February 20, 2018) – At a massive rental equipment auction held in Rockingham (UK) on February 8 & 9, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers sold 1,000+ equipment items for A-Plant, UK’s leading rental company. Hundreds of onsite and online bidders from the UK and abroad attended the auction.
The Rockingham auction featured a variety of rental equipment items, including excavators, dumpers, compressors, lifts and more—all coming directly from A-Plant’s fleet and sold at the auction without minimum bids or reserve prices. Besides many bidders from the UK and Ireland, demand for the A-Plant items came from as far as the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Germany, Romania, Poland, Portugal, Finland, Greece, Slovenia and other countries.
“It’s been a great auction for us, with a good turn out and plenty of buyers from the UK and overseas,” said Wayne Edwards, Sales & Re-Marketing Manager at Ashtead Plant Hire Company Limited. “Ritchie Bros. brought international demand together in one place and helped us achieve solid prices for our units.”
Some of the highlights of the Rockingham auction include:
- Two 2014 Manitou MT1840 4x4x4 telescopic forklifts that sold for GBP 41,000 each
- A 2014 JCB 540-170 4x4x4 telescopic forklift that sold for GBP 40,000
- A 2014 Multihog MH90 4×4 utility tractor that sold for GBP 34,000
- A 2006 Hyster H12.00XM 10130kg forklift that sold for GBP 27,000
- Two 2013 Kubota U55-4 midi excavators that sold for GBP 24,500 each
- A 2006 Genie Z80/60 articulated boom lift that sold for GBP 23,500
- Three 2012 JCB 8085 midi excavators that sold for GBP 20,000 each
“More than anything else, equipment quality is what drives selling prices at an unreserved auction,” said Rupert Craven, Sales Director UK & Ireland, Ritchie Bros. “At the Rockingham auction, A-Plant’s construction and groundcare assets sold particularly well. For us it’s great to host a dedicated auction for A-Plant who has been a close customer of ours since we started in Donington Park in 2012.”