MILWAUKEE – The Roundtable! presented by Planet Underground, is kicking off its first ever appearance at The Utility Expo tackling some of the biggest topics in the underground utilities industry with some of the biggest names.
“We’re really proud of what we’ve put together for these discussions,” said Mike Parilac, president and owner of Planet Underground, who is also producing the live demonstration area The Jobsite. “Our viewers and readers in the underground utility world told us what is important to them, and that’s what we’re bringing them.”
The Roundtable! is included with every badge at The Utility Expo and features live, unscripted conversations on eight different topics across the first two days of the show. Those topics include:
- Effectiveness of state damage prevention laws and enforcement
- What the future holds for managing our crowded rights of way
- Who and who does not view damage prevention as a public safety issue?
- The impact of predictive analysis given the state of late response to 811 tickets
- What good is permanent location information without a plan to share?
- Artificial intelligence in damage prevention
- Construction equipment’s role in avoiding damages
- When do we get to “Zero damages?”
Contractors, engineers, locators, one-call operators, utility personnel, policy makers, and technicians will all sit down to figure out the hot-button issues facing the utility damage prevention world today.
“This is a great group of voices that know their way underground,” said The Utility Expo Show Director John Rozum. “I’m looking forward to listening in, as we’ve seen from past editions of The Roundtable!, the conversations are both informative and entertaining.”
The Roundtable! presented by Planet Underground runs from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. EDT on September 28-29 in Broadbent Arena during The Utility Expo and are free to all show participants. Pre-registration for the sessions is not required.
Source: AEM Press