Watch the new slow-motion video of the latest explosive action at Hillhead Quarry
FOR the 2016 Hillhead Show two blasts were kindly executed by EPC-UK. A section of the Quarry Face at the north end of the site was drilled and blasted to produce around 14,000 tonnes of run-of-quarry stone for demonstration purposes, and the ‘toe’ at the foot of the face was also cleared to free up extra space to accommodate more demonstrations than ever before.
- More than 30 items of equipment will be put through their paces in the Quarry Face area, includingExcavators – Caterpillar 325F XE, Hyundai HX250L, Liebherr R956, Komatsu PC490LC, Doosan DL550-5, Case CX500D, Hyundai HX520L and Volvo EC480E (in adjacent area)
- Wheel loaders – Komatsu WA470, Liebherr L586 XPower, Caterpillar 982M, Case 1121F, Doosan DX380LC-5, Hitachi ZW370-5 and Hyundai HL980
- Articulated dumptrucks – Bell B60E, Caterpillar 745C, Doosan DA30, Komatsu HM400, Terex TA300 and Volvo A40G (in adjacent area)
- Dozers – Caterpillar D69 and Komatsu D61PXI-23
- Loading shovels – Volvo L150H (in adjacent area) and Doosan DX380LC-5
- Hydraulic breakers and buckets – Miller, Remu and Worsley Plant
- Dust cannons – Corgin
- Jaw crusher – Terex Finlay J-1170 AS.
A video of the latest blast action, slowed down to 300 frames per second, can be viewed here:
Equipment demonstrations will also be taking place in the Rock Processing, Recycling and Registration areas throughout the show. For full details of all the machines taking part in the live action at Hillhead 2016, visit: www.hillhead.com/demonstrations