Results will aid future show planning
Results of CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2014 attendee and exhibitor surveys confirm the shows’ success delivering positive results for attendees and exhibitors. Show management will use survey data to help fine-tune services and provide even more value at the 2017 expositions.
CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2014 were held in March; the triennial shows will next be held March 7-11, 2017 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, USA.
Both attendees and exhibitors overwhelmingly ranked the shows extremely high in quality and said they were very satisfied with their show experience.
Measurable value from show investment
For attendees, 97 percent of survey respondents rated the shows as good to excellent, and 85 percent said they would probably or definitely attend the 2017 events (both metrics up from the 2011 shows). Some 72 percent said they had the authority to make purchasing decisions (in line with 2011).
New products continued to be the main draw for attendees – 92 percent cited this as their number-one reason to attend. (In focus groups, international visitors also cited the goal of better understanding the U.S. market).
For exhibitors, 88 percent of survey respondents said the shows were high-quality exhibitions that benefited their companies (up from 2011), and 79 percent said they already planned to exhibit again in 2017 (another metric that increased from 2011).
Some 95 percent reported they were satisfied to very satisfied with the number of attendees (metric increased past two show cycles).
“We are very pleased that exhibitor satisfaction continues to rise; our goal for 2014 was to increase exhibitor ROI, and it appears we were successful,” said Glen Tellock, CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2014 show management committee chair and chairman, president and CEO of The Manitowoc Company Inc.
“The time attendees spend at the show must be productive; improvements to wayfinding and the show footprint in 2014 really paid off,” said Anne Lloyd, show management committee vice chair and executive vice president and CFO at Martin Marietta Materials Inc.
In their own words:
Attendees at CONEXPO-CON/AGG & IFPE 2014 provided these comments about their show experience:
- “A place where you can see and learn new things. A place where you will fall in love with the industry all over again.”
- “Massive beyond anything you can imagine. The best place/venue to learn about the industry, with education, products and technology all in one place.”
- “As an operator you have to go just to see the enormity of the show and the new technology that you might not get to see working for a small to medium size company.”
Exhibitors at CONEXPO-CON/AGG & IFPE 2014 provided these comments about their show experience:
- “Our executive and management team said several times throughout the week that this year’s show was a ‘game changer’ for our company.”
- “This was our first time exhibiting at CONEXPO-CON/AGG. The number and quality of leads that we gathered at this show was far superior to any of the shows we have previously attended.”
- “CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2014 was a tremendous show for our company. We executed a full marketing plan for the show and it truly paid off. Having free printed and email communications from the show truly helped get the word out.”